Monday, October 30, 2017

Movin on....weed whack your weeds!

Good morning! Sorry that I have not written in the last 6 days but my stupid allergy/cold/tonsillitis/whatever it is was dropping my energy level to a low simmer. Plus, I am helping to raise money for a cancer organization with Big Sis in honor of BP Grandmom. Yep, she beat it....
Image result for low energy gif
Fade to black....

Last year, BP Grandmom was battling a very odd cancer. She underwent chemo and lost her hair and vitality. A local organization gave her a wig, massage, facial, blanket, and other items that helped her to battle. Image result for low energy gif


Well, guess what? She did so well, she sees her MD every few months.

Based upon the generosity of this organization, Big Sis and I are now working to generate funds to help other cancer patients. By the way, they also offer nurse navigators and rides for patients who need them. This is a grass roots organization where the money goes to local people. Therefore....I'm in....Image result for lemonade stand gif

My big job for the fundraiser in two weeks is to find volunteers to register people, sell raffle tickets, and keep things going. Guess who I tapped on?

Well, if you are thinking my students, then....you win a slightly used wig!

Yep, I made the announcement in class and some of my minions are going to help with the fundraiser. Do I give them extra points in the gradebook? Hmmm....tough call.......Probably not. The goal of volunteering is to do it selflessly. That is, you expect nothing in return. Right? Image result for lemonade stand gif

Ok, here is what they will receive.....  my eternal gratitude and a great letter of recommendation when they apply for a job. How does that sound? Much better than a point or two on their participation attendance grade.

Anything else going on?

Hmmmm...Tink starts her new job tomorrow. She is going to be working in a bakery. Guess what? She gets a discount! Yep, I like this job although my hips and not-so-petite bottom will not. Will have to join the Biggest Loser again in January. It's my fall back diet. Every January, I join the battle with he rest of the gang and we work out and eat salads for two months...get weighed.....and buy new pants....yep...who says my life is not glamorous?Image result for making cupcakes gif

We are also waiting for word from the insurance company to see if the Big lefty will receive his medication. Since it is 10/30 and we change insurance on November 1, it does not matter if the insurance company approves it or not, because he will be on another plan in the same company. We took out a plan just for him so his records would not be lost. Hopefully, the appeal will take hold with his new "gold" plan. Yep, we bought the best and shiniest plan that they had to offer. After all, this guy is on more medications than BP Grandpop.  He has them lined up on his bedside table, has his watch alarm on to remind him when to take his pills, and sees a doctor or speech therapist at least once a week. This is pricey...not just pricey.....but costly....Image result for sick gif

Did I say "costly?" I mean exorbitant.

My thoughts are with those individuals who are sick and do not have health insurance. Yes, I know that it is mandated, but even if it is, I can count on both hands the number of people that I know who make too much money for Medicaid and too little for Obama Care. Therefore, they are penalized on their tax returns. Can anyone say "insurance reform?

Also, if we had socialized medicine, the big lefty would not receive the care he needs. He would have to wait in a long line. The system we have now is broken but effective. Let's look for ways to help those without funds and ways to improve the system.  'Nuff said.

Update on the southern house....we got a citation from the home owners association asking us to clean up the construction site. It is  bothering the neighbors. Hmmm....that's right....the neighbors do not like looking at my weeds as the construction workers trample them. I was going for a southern hillbilly look, but am told that shabby chic is not working. Soooo, we had to hire a company to weed whack the weeds. Can anyone say "Cha ching...cha ching...cha ching?" Image result for money tree gif

OK, I gotta work. I am on a dissertation committee and have put off reading the 300+ page document until now. I am almost motivated to download the document...almost....I'm close to it....I can see the email and attachment, but cannot get myself to read it...I am useless on some days.....
Image result for low energy gif
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment