Thursday, September 25, 2014

Resignation

Good rainy morning! I am here at the home office thinking about my latest hair-brained decision. What decision, you may ask?



Well, my decision has been to resign as Bullpen Mom. That's right. I am giving my notice effective last week. Today, the big guy will get the letter as a legal document giving up my position as his beloved momma.


Huh? What happened?

Well, if you are a regular reader, you know about his decision making, inability to think past his next fast ball, and the lack of attention to details. Ok, I have these issues too (except for the fast ball), but when he threw me under the bus with the landlord, I knew that it was time to take drastic action.

Here is the story.....fade to black.....

As you know, he is terrible when it comes to doing things that he does not want to do.....internship....getting the sofa and things out of the old apartment.....talking to the landlord about the aforesaid sofa and belongings.....paying parking tickets...finishing applications for scholarships and aid....and so on and so on and so on....


When I received the notice from the old landlord that I would be taken to the magistrate with a lien slapped onto me, he did not take ownership but said: "I'm screwed." You're screwed? I was the one who co-signed, because I thought that if he is mature enough to live on his own, he would be mature enough to take on details.

Nope...I was wrong.

When he called this week and was angry because the landlord would not budge, he threw the lien-ball back in my court.

"Uh, no, Dude; this one is on you. Fix it."

At that point, he cussed....and said: "If you are going to yell at me, I am going to hang up. I'll talk to you when you calm down." Click.

Honest to Pete. I never raised my voice or got angry. All I said was "You own this, fix it."


That was the last that I heard from him. And so, what does a momma do?

I suppose if she really loved her child, she would back off and let the chips fall with each decision that he makes. Dad will fix the lien, but he is on his own until he learns how to speak kindly and with respect to his ma, and take ownership of his mistakes.

And so, with a heavy heart, I will send the letter of resignation to be rescinded with an apology and a vow of transparency. That's it.

Until then, I will devote my motherly time to over-mothering Tink and the pups...yep....a little culinary therapy.....oh yeah, I can catch up at work too.

Lastly, I want to be clear....this is a boy that I love more than life itself. He is the frosting on my cake....




but tough times require tough decisions....with the apathy toward the lien, I had to make a decision that would have a lasting impact on him. Do I have the money to bail him out? Of course! Will I? Nope...I am not his mother any more....



Taking a break.....perhaps I will go fishing.....

By the way, he hit 92 in front of the scouts...can any one say "Bazinga!?"

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment