Monday, June 22, 2015

Forget about pay back

Good morning! I am so sorry for the lack of posts but I was in Atlanta last week for a conference and was in the Marriott for what seems like days. I am not a big fan of these national conferences although seeing some of the top professionals in my field is pretty cool. I sat with one of my heroes last week at a reception who at 80 sat in her chair drinking bourbon and made me laugh. I have to say that even a sip of bourbon would knock me into a stupor and under the table.  After the Phils won the World Series one year, I went out with a few friends. One girl, whose family owned a bar, pounded the drinks one after one. I believe that she had 5 drinks before I took a sip of my first one. I have not seen her since she got out of rehab......



On another note, the big kid continues his treks to Jersey to align his body. His hips are still not ready for pitching but his shoulders are back in alignment. That's right. His body was lopsided for a while as one side was higher than the other. Every now and then he would get angry especially when he saw the kids who were drafted earlier this month.

"I struck that guy out."

anyone afraid of Serena after seeing what she can do to a racquet?


"I owned that kid."


"That guy stinks."



"If the school did not mess me up, I would have been there too."



Then he gets salty: "I will take the university down for injuring me. They will never be the same...." and so on and so on and so on....


I continue to tell him: "Leave it. You're done with them and will be better than ever."

Image result for funny strikeout gif

He continues to rant.....



Then it comes to me....

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord."  I kind of hope that this is a real Bible quote (After all , I work in an evangelical setting). And so, to be accurate in today's post, I googled (what other Bible scholar does this?) and found the following:

Image result for reading bible gif
Forgiveness
18If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. 19Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. 20"BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIS HEAD."…



Yep. Out of the Bible. So, let's let the anger go, since he is better off since he has left school. AND his body is being prepared to throw mid-90's. Don't you think that all of this craziness happened for a reason? I do.

Honestly, let's look back.....

Image result for think gif
Fade to black.....

If he had an easy time of it all, he would never have had the drive to push and train and work out with the pros. Nope. He would have been complacent and been satisfied with his God given abilities. Like Lone Wolf...he was an amazing pitcher who did not train and was not committed to his game. He is working in California at a desk job now.
Image result for paper pusher gif

Having adversity made the big lefty stronger and more hungry. After all, he does have the talent, but the school's coaches and trainers were not going to get him to the point of being part of the draft. So, be it.

Image result for whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger gif

After training with the Pitching doc, working out with Yoda, and having the best medical attention in the country, he is ready to take a shot at the Bigs.

Image result for whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger gif

Consider this....he will go to Seattle in August. By that time, his body will be ready to throw. Once he trains, the guys at the training facility will call their scouts in. He will throw. He will be 'lights out.' He will put on a show...then he will sign a big league contract.



If not......

He will play in the independent league and keep his fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

And with that....I have to run to work....pick up Tink......take her on her errands......Oh, by the way, our Tink was hit in an intersection as another driver ran a red light. Thankfully, she was not injured except for a bruised wrist. The air bag deployed causing a nose bleed, but she is healthy and intact.  Her car was not so lucky....after being towed, it looks like the damage is fairly extensive. I will give homage to Honda CRVs. This car stood up and protected our Tink while the other car was totaled. Who says that prayers do not work?

Image result for smashed crv gif

Off to work!



peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment