Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mind numbing

Greetings! I am sorry that I have not posted in a while, because the big kid has gone underground. In other words, we have not had a decent conversation this week. He calls when I am either teaching or working. It reminds me of when he was a baby. He would scream every time I tried to eat something. It even happened when I was not home. One night, I worked at the hospital and called home on my way to dinner. I could hear him screaming in the background of the phone conversation. Weird, huh?



Ok, so...what is going on? Well, the team dropped three this weekend to a conference rival. It was pitching that contributed to the losses. And that is all I am going to say about that.

He is coming home today since he has an early morning appointment with MJ tomorrow. Dad is going with him to have a conversation with the surgeon and to glean more data. You see....

Dad is going in. That's right. As soon as the season is over, he is headed for a confab with the Czar. He has a multitude of issues to discuss with him starting with him calling us 'idiots' in front of the team. Nice, eh?



Second, he has bullied my son and a number of kids into submission. He needs total control or he screams. Yesterday, he told one of the freshman pitchers who has been working on his velocity that he will never start at this university. That's right. It seems that 'velocity' is not what makes a successful pitcher. Someone had better tell Matt Harvey and Steven Strasburg that they are doing something wrong as they vacation on their yachts and fly in their private jets.....just sayin'



Third, he has violated FERPA, a federal privacy law, when he placed the guys' grade point averages on the blackboard in the locker room. Besides embarrassing a number of guys, the gpas have been up all season. Dad wants him to apologize to the team and report his actions to the athletic director. If not, he sends his letter to the Board of Trustees.



That is just the beginning of the conversation. I have asked to be excluded since I do not want to go in and make nice. I already have the heebee geebees thinking that I have to shake his hand next week at senior day and pretend that I think that he is the best thing on campus since Girl Scout mint cookies. Currently, I am working on a mind numbing game and visualizing myself under a palm tree with a skinny margarita and basket of Pepperidge Farm goldfish pretzels....



Gosh, the ceremony is a week away and I have to get started on my guided imagery....send myself to my happy place....think good thoughts such as puppies who are housebroken, flowers that do not make me sneeze, and a cheesecake that does not pack on the pounds.


The big lefty also has to empty the apartment before he leaves campus. I do not want anything back. Repeat: Bring nothing home except your cute little face and computer. Everything else is to be bequeathed to Sky High. I don't even want the sofa back. Nope...it's history. He has to finish this moving before he comes home or it won't get done.

 Image result for moving out gif

Then what? Well, he will lose his deposit and be brought to court to pay for the trash men to come and take the belongings to the dumpster. By the way, I was the fool who co signed the lease, so....it is my butt on the line too....

With that said, I am off to work out and practice my mind numbing exercises.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment