Friday, June 3, 2011

Leaving home

It's time to finish preparations to leave home for an extended period of time. I can't remember being gone from home for longer than 1 week. This is very new for me as I try to decide what to bring from home to live in a hotel for 9 days and then a small apartment. I have made list after list....thought about what I needed....and will probably forget most of the essentials like Skittles. I am not even sure how I am going to find this place on my own...at least I have navigation in the car.

I have a vision of my time with Buddy being like Felix and Oscar of the Odd Couple. At this juncture, am I Felix or Oscar? Given the nature of his bedroom and dorm room, I can clearly say that I will be Felix but I do have Oscar-like tendencies that may emerge as I live in a tiny apartment with a baseball player. Where is he going to keep his smelly clothes and dirty cleats? In the apartment? In the car? I can't open the windows because we are on the first floor and I am worried about someone coming in and stealing my coffee pot (can't have that).

Also, whom will I talk to? He is going to be at the ball park late afternoons and evenings...sleeping late...going to his job....AND we only have one car! About his job...the team has sponsors, so the kids are able to work part time around their baseball schedules at one of the businesses. It looks like Buddy will be selling milk and eggs in his spare time. Here is where my Starbucks job would have come in handy...sadly I have not heard from them yet. I applied...no call....perhaps they don't want me...maybe they checked my references and feel that I won't be able to figure out how to make a double espresso-triple shot frap grande deluxe (they would not be wrong).....so no job for Bullpen Mom....just her keyboard, internet and imagination....

On the bright side, this is an opportunity for Buddy to play in a region that is new....see different baseball...meet new people....have new experiences...an adventure....so, here we go....

My only wish is that everything is the same when I return home...my plants are watered and have survived.....weeds are not obvious in the garden....and the dog and Tink are happy....see you in Ohiooooooo......

No comments:

Post a Comment