Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chillin'

It's heating up in the northeast! Based on my last post, it will be impossible to be cool over the next few days if one does not have air conditioning. Let's have a show of hands....is air conditioning the greatest invention of the 21st century next to the laptop computer and Spanx? Today, air conditioning surpasses Merlot and vanilla vanilla cupcakes from the bakery.

Speaking of Cupcake, I think that she is staying cool in one of her stylish outfits. When Tink was a little girl, she had the most amazing clothes....then the teen age years hit and well........Don't get me wrong, she is still a cutie, but the clothes selection is somewhat....hmmmm...no words for this one. In contrast, Buddy's wardrobe is a cross between clearance rack at TJ Maxx and whatever is given out free by the team.

Yesterday, I went to PT with Buddy and went through my leg strengthening exercises while he worked on his balance and arm stretches. It was fascinating as we worked next to each other. I discovered that we have the same "grunt".  It goes something like this: "shhhhh ewww ahhhh''.....
As I finished first, a professional quarterback walked in for therapy. I must say, Buddy is bigger and taller than this guy. Thinking of how many times he was tackled in a professional football game, his body and bones must be mush. I can see why he needs PT. If I had a three hundred pound tackler grabbing my calf muscles and legs, I think that once I received my million dollar bonus check, I would fly to an island, change my name, and live in obscurity while trying to recover from being knocked down by such a tremendous force. What guys will do to earn a living....

On to tomorrow's agenda...Buddy and I are headed to college. He has to undergo training since he is helping at a boy's baseball camp next week. Yep, I hate what they call it but it is today's reality: "Sandusky training." The guys are learning what is and is not appropriate when it comes to kids. I would think that this would be a no-brainer, but sadly, in our crazy society, we need all individuals who work with children to have child abuse and criminal background checks as well as this type of training. It protects the children as well as the counselors. I do believe that this is just the start of this type of training. Schools, parishes, day care centers and so on will be required to run programs like this to protect all involved. This is thanks to a few degenerates who prey upon the most vulnerable....shame on them.....

After the training, he wants to return to his apartment and clean it to prepare for moving out. In a word, "no." No, I will not be part of the process and be holding a mop tomorrow. If his bedroom is any indication of how his apartment has been kept over the past few months, I will not join him. In fact, I may hose him off before he gets into my car. Isn't that maternal love? While he is at his training and disinfecting the apartment and scraping the gum and toxins off the carpet, I will be in the library teaching my online courses, in the coolness, peace, and solitude of a comfy chair. Maybe I will bring one of the Starbucks cool ice tea and lemonade concoctions. Yeah....

And so, it's time for me to get a move on. Tink needs a ride to work and I want to swim a few laps. Have the coolest day~

No comments:

Post a Comment