Saturday, August 25, 2012

Getting back on track

Hiya! It's an afternoon post for BPM....This morning, we had our district play offs....remember the team that I asked to be taken out of the line up since I have a big loss record? Well, the other gals lost today, so it's over for a few weeks until something called "Fall Cup" season starts. Yep, we play tennis year round. No wonder the knees feel like liquid. Ah, no big deal...I'm pretty tough....yah...right! Really, we have a great time and it helps to alleviate some of the pent up anxieties. Hitting a tennis ball is legal and good for you...People of all sizes, shapes, and ages enjoy the sport.....It also brings us together for a few laughs....



Enough of a tennis commercial.....


The big kid is now at school. I heard from him last night when he asked how to heat up the ziti. After the quick instructions, there was the usual "click"....Although, I did text him today to tell him that Tink and I saw the highest paid major league pitcher playing with his sons in the park today. A junior high girls soccer team were jumping up and down asking the poor guy for a photo. That's when I put the cell phone camera down and continued on my walk. By the way, his sons are soooo cute!

Nothing else going on. I have to get my work done since classes begin next week. I have procrastinated long enough. However, I sit down at the computer and just stare at the screen. I don't want to think or type. What's wrong with me? I can't say that I am burned out since I have not been in a classroom since late May. So, why can't I get moving on this?

I have a few thoughts (not about my work...about not doing my work)......

Thought 1: Nothing....I have nothing left in the ole noodle....

Thought 2: I have turned into big hunk of worthless protoplasm like the nuns used to call us in elementary school...They also called us "Bold, brazen articles...." Got to think about that one...do they mean an article of clothing, speech or something else?

Thought 3: I am not done vacationing or relaxing yet.

Thought 4: I need a bit or stress and anxiety to get going (I think that I am getting warmer here).

Thought 5: I am tired and just uninterested in the content therefore, I don't want to ignite the brain cells. Actually, I like my job.....really....

Thought 6: I am lazy.....

Actually, I believe it is a combination of Thoughts 1 through 6 although I don't think that I am worthless protoplasm....

All I have to do is edit what I have already written. To do that, I need to be alert. Sadly, my post lunch brain's neurons are not firing quickly or at all.
 So, it might be time for me to watch a reality show for a while and anesthetize some brain cells. Speaking of which, doesn't alcohol kill brain cells? Maybe...I don't remember....

Have a super afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment