Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Potentially great or not so great?

Good morning! It's Wednesday and I am beginning two summer courses. That's right...in the heart of the summer, I will be plugged in at home and in the classroom trying to inspire and lead my students. But let's be serious, they do not want to be in school any more than most professors.






On the other hand, I am actually looking forward to it since one of my classes is a writing class :-) Perhaps I am a bit of a nerd for enjoying this odd summer routine or.....



The reason that I load up my fall and summer with my classes is to be available for the spring baseball season. Perhaps that is more nerdy...but I also feel that the big guy might have a finite time left on the mound and I should be there cheering him on...in the only way that I know possible....watching the games from the stands, online streaming video, or via the university's radio station. And let's admit it, the broadcasters were not kind to him in their analysis this season, but none of the guys really performed to their potential. Unless, this is really his potential....

Perhaps this is his final baseball destiny. That is, a decent career in D1 college baseball, lots of interesting trips, places, and people....some excitement, highs and lows....life.....and then....
 
It will be time to settle into a career that will pay the mortgage, car, and orthodontist bills. Last night, he attended a Greek Festival with one of his friends and decided that he loves Greek food and needs to find a Greek woman to marry. OK, dude, good luck in your search for your Greek goddess who can cook too.

 

Consequently, while I am able to call my own shots and schedule at work, it's nice to be able to attend and be attentive at his games. Perhaps while I am sitting there, a contingent of Greek women will be in the stands....you know....the sororities have Greek names....a sorority girl? Hmmm...stayed tune....



No comments:

Post a Comment