Monday, May 6, 2013

Commuication 101

Good morning! Hope all is well in your world as the first beautiful weekend in May came and went.....

And so, BPM, what is going on in your world? Oye, I am not sure that I can write about everything from a legal perspective but will share what I can.....and remember.....

When the big kid was off the roster this weekend, I made an executive decision NOT to travel to campus and take care of issues at home. Yep, like change a light bulb or two or pull some weeds or shop for pantry items and so on and so on and so on.....was the best laid plan achievable? What do you think?


By the way, dad changed a light bulb last weekend and broke the light fixture. After paying $100.00 to have the lantern re-wired, I decided to take on the job of changing the bulbs. I have retired the very big guy from light bulb duty. He is off the roster.

Around 1 pm I received a call from dad..."we're going to campus..." Huh? No, I need Cheerios and apples and grapes and.....what could possibly be the reason for me to jump into a car and speed off into the mountains? What, indeed....

For legal reasons, I can't go into the details....let's just say that we needed to be there to protect the big kid...

BUT, once we were there and dad was finished with speaking to the trainer and coach, he had a few minutes to talk with the pitching coach, who put things into perspective....hmmmm....

It seems that the big leftie lets his emotions get the best of him. The coach is actually on his side, but he suffers from the same syndrome that my kid has....the inability to communicate....yes, let me say it again....he has trouble expressing himself accurately with his players. Therefore, some of his words and actions are misconstrued. The bottom line of the conversation was: the kid missed fall ball and is behind. he needs more innings to catch up. He did not place him on a summer team because at the time, he was unsure as to whether the kid was going to pitch. Since summer ball rosters are created in the fall, there was no way that the coach could offer the leftie to a team when he was not sure if he could throw. Logical, right?

Anyway, as the summer approaches, there are injuries and the kid will have a spot on team somewhere in the country should he want it. Why couldn't he say this earlier this year? Why, indeed....

Is it the coach's fault? no, not necessarily....I have learned in my life, that if you do not understand something, then you ask for clarification. Apparently, I did not share this tidbit with my own kids. Sorry....poor communication skills on my part.

Today, the big guy is signing up for the Texas clinic and will take the first available spot. I doubt that he will travel to Illinois this weekend, although another pitcher had an injury that requires a MRI today. Let's just say that he is done for the season. In other words, he may be on the roster because of the player's injury.

I am going to check out the clinic online and will report back to you. On another note, did you see that Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay has a shoulder injury....Should I share with him our journey? I'll betcha that he heads for Florida this week...just sayin'

OK, since I did not accomplish my chores this weekend, I have to get onto them today and get some paperwork done.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment