Friday, April 20, 2012

Tink!

Good morning! Happy birthday to the sweetest person in the world:Tink! Tink is my heart and conscience. She is my traveling companion and loves to run to DQ for me for a blizzard or dilly bar. This kid is a person with a big heart and kind soul. There is no one like her in the world, and I am blessed to be her mom. She never complains when we hit the road and travel to see her brother. In fact, she looks forward to the road trips and is a great companion. Tink made me a mom, and my life changed when she entered it. Tink: I love you, baby!

To celebrate her big day, Buttercup, BP Grandmom and Grandpop and I are going to see Chimpanzee! Ok, it took some coaxing to get them to agree to go to this movie...yes, I am buying the tickets....yes, I am buying them lunch....so, they immediately said: "sure! We'll go!" And yes, I know that we are seeing a movie that I want to see, BUT they will like it. I know that they will...I can tell. I know these things. Besides, the length of the movie is an hour and 18 minutes. If someone goes to the bathroom, it will be over by the time that they return to their seats.

What else is going on in the world of BP mom? Well, the big kid is cramming for his finals and it seems that he will finish the first week in May. Consequently, there will be a road trip through the mountains to pick him up. However, before he puts anything into my car, it must be cleaned and disinfected. Last year, Tink developed a sinus infection while she sat next to his gear. No more of that....I will hand him a dust rag and some water. The answer to the next question is: "Yes". Yes, he will moan and complain and not see the big deal. After all, his clothes and gear were fine on the floor of his apartment and bathroom for all of these months, BUT I don't want them in the car or house. In fact, I will drop him off at the laundry mat to have them washed before even a tee shirt crosses the threshold. Am I a germphobe or smart? You tell me....

It will take some time to get accustomed to having both kids in the house for a prolonged period of time. Buddy always talks to his dad to bet on the date when I hit the roof after he does something crazy like leave the refrigerator door open all night as the food spoils or falls asleep on the sofa with chocolate ice cream on his lap that drops to the floor when he turns on his side.....or watches the dog use the house as her personal bathroom because he did not see the need to take her out after 8 hours....or leave no gas in the car when I am late for work.....or ask 900 times what's for dinner? Then he decides to meet the boys at Moes rather than eating my food.....or.....ahhh, there's too much to enumerate. I'll just celebrate my family being intact and our times together. It will be a joy to have him back so that I can text him from the kitchen that dinner is ready once again.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment